Dislike bringing in firewood from the cold rain,but love the warmth an inside fire brings.
Thankfully I have had two unexpected days off from school. I must admit that I hoped for these days. Okay, I wished for them badly. I didn't wish for them because I don't like my job or because I don't like the children I see everyday. I wished for them because...well sometimes it's just nice to have a day or two off to sleep in a little later than normal-for me that is 7:00. It is also nice to be able to clean without having other things on your "to do list" constantly hanging over your head. Things such as lesson plans, copies to make, papers to grade and emails to return get done without the pressure of time, and God seems to know just when I need this. I've enjoyed keeping the fire going, but I haven't enjoyed going out in the cold to get firewood. I've enjoyed warm blankets and big jackets, but not cold feet. Most of all I've enjoyed cooking. Yesterday I was craving something warm and filling. I wanted a homemade Jambalya. There is no such thing as any other Jambalya except for homemade. Oakgrove comes close, but does quite hit the mark. Zatarains in a box-in my opinion is even farther from the mark of tasty homemade Jambalya. Sorry Zatarains. You have awesome Creole Seasoning and other things, but your red beans and jambalya in a box are not one of them. There was no meat in the house for Jambalya so the idea of Japanese fried rice (Hibachi style) popped into my mind. It was then I began my mission of finding a recipe. Thanks to google, I found a great one. I also found a great way to cook fluffy and tasty rice.
And so we must remember...To everything there is a season (Ecclesiastes 3).
Pretty soon it will be back to work and no more chance of snowy days for a while.

1 comment:
Hee hee!! Yes, this winter storm was HORRIBLE! HA! I am so glad you got some days off. That is fun. We eat fried rice every other week in this house. I have an awesome recipe on my blog. It even has bacon in it. YUM!!! My kids are always asking for it. Your no-bake cookies have me drooling over here. I think I'll get Hannah to make some today.
Hopefully I'll see you Sunday. The kiddos have been fever free since yesterday but they still have a cough. We shall see!
Post a Comment